In my 20’s I built a wealth of experience working in business development, sales, marketing, promotions, event leadership and media with Rogers Radio, Chum, Corus Group, KVOS TV, Coca Cola, and Royal Carribean International. Those were some of my fondest memories. Those positions allowed me to gain invaluable skills and get a good glimpse of my light through the work I was doing. But something was missing… I wanted to experience more.
So I took an intern job as a Producer/Director/Host of a travel TV Show where I first got a feeling for TV Production. I had a dream when I was 18 that I wanted to own my own TV Show one day and thought this position might help get me there… and it did!
I became an Executive Director and TV Star on my own show called the GOtoGAL which aired on a local TV station in Vancouver BC. This was a huge triumph for me… but alas, I wanted to experience more.
I met my now husband working on that show (that’s another story of triumph too which I am writing my book on currently) and we decided to open our own video production company SPIRO Creative, sharing stories of good people doing great work in the world. We’ve been fortunate to tell over 1300 stories of amazing people creating change and love the work we get to do together. I even started my own talk show called “Passionpreneur TV” that aired on Telus. But again I wanted to experience more…
Being behind the lens on video shoots I would see so many women afraid to really shine their light. They’d let fear, anxiety, and worry hold them back from being who they are. They’d be afraid of what someone would think or say about them. Or they didn’t think they were ready.
My heart craved to help these women show up more confidently and share their light freely with the world. I wanted to help them achieve their big desires so together we could create more positive change in the world.
Hence why this website was born. And my mission now is to create a world of Light Leaders, people who feel self-expressed in the work they get to do.
What I believe will happen once we all liberate our light within is we’ll create new dynamics on how the world works and what we deem important. And best of all we will change the way we do business to be PRO people and PRO planet before profits. This is my big vision, my big “WHY” and YOU are an integral part
I lovingly ask you to see your full potential and help be a part of the light leader movement.
The world needs us to show up exactly as we are and create businesses that matter.
My all-time favourite thing is to work with small groups of women in a retreat or online setting. I love to host, MC, speak and travel where ever my light is needed. A new day with a new experience, meeting new faces is my happy place.
5 things you might not know about me:
1. I recently moved to Vancouver Island BC with my rescue pup and husband to write my book.
2. I’m a Kundalini Teacher and I have my Reiki Level 1
3. I love to teach Improv and airband with my girlfriends. Check out #dancepartyfriday on Facebook.
4. I ran across Canada with the Olympic Flame
5. I’ve traveled to 19 countries but still haven’t been to India, Australia, South East Asia or the continent of Africa and want to go! (hint, if you’re from there, reach out:)
Some other epic experiences from my life include:
* Moving to Ireland to meet Gerard Butler but realizing I went to the wrong country
* Getting fired from my promo gig at a big Vancouver radio station because I was too busy chasing love
* Managing a folk band
* Doing my first stand up comedy routine at Lafflines
* Sledding down a Volcano in Nicaragua
* Wearing a gown in Venice so my boyfriend could take Vogue like pictures of me in St. Mark’s Square
* Jumping out of an airplane and just this year bungy jumping. Which was terrifying.
SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LIGHT LIMITING BELIEFS
with my 5-minute self-love meditation.
Listen to it daily for 21 days and hear your negetative voices start to